When Izzy saw that Beaducation carried crystal cup chain she wanted to somehow incorporate that into her macrame bracelets. She asked me how to do that, and my answer was "I have no idea, but I bet you could figure it out." Sure enough, she returned 30 minutes later with a gorgeous finished bracelet. You can bet that was a proud mama moment for me!
- Hemp String - Elle used the new Rainbow Hemp, isn't it awesome?!
- 2mm Crystal Cup Chain - length will depend on the length of your bracelet. You will need as much chain as you have woven part (typically at least 5"). We had a 2 foot section of the chain that we just worked right off of and trimmed at the end so there was less waste.
- The video below shows you how to make the bracelet with an adjustable clasp, or you can tie on a metal clasp (if tying on, I suggest using a little glue on your knots).
- Glue - in the video, she uses nail polish to seal her knots. I like to make it extra secure by using glue. This Hypo Cement glue, with a tiny applicator needle, works great!
- Tape to secure your project to the table as you work.
|(nice nail polish Lucy!)|
To incorporate the crystal chain, keep the chain above the middle string. In the picture to the right, Lucy has 2 middle strings, in the video she only has one. Either way works fine. Let each knot come up and around the next crystal link in the chain and tie that knot tightly around it. You will see just how easy this is once you get rockin'.
HAVE FUN! I'm off to make an extra long one to wear as a wrap around bracelet!